Saturday, January 17, 2009

Dress from Clive and "On Writing"

This morning i woke up early and nearly finished "On Writing" by Stephen King, recommended to me by Ciara Xyerra. I have to say that it is not only a very enthralling but also an informative manual on how to write. He steers clear of the bullshit, and says so in the very beginning, while talking about basics. It's the kind of wriring manual i've been looking for, blending writing experiences and helpful tips. Who would have known it would be written by Steven King, but i guess thats the whole point. He is not a literary genius, but he's prolific and his stories sell and he enjoys doing what he does. No matter what anybody says or the letters he receives he is still writing, and the book does a good job of explaining his process in a detailed way. I almost just borrowed it from DBN but ended up buying it and i think its a book good enough to have.

I also worked on the dress that clive gave me last time i was in new orleans. this was a baggy, pink colored dress that i died Egyptian Red using Cushing's Perfection Direct Dye for cotton, rayon, etc. Wow! The color really came out beautifully and then I tailored it a bit, brought the hem line up into the princess pleats and here it is. I'm rather excited about it and can easily see it becoming one of my favorites all too quickly.

No comments: